Chocolate Caramel Peanut Truffles
Sunday , 1, December 2013
Any Truffle is yummy…these are amazing 🙂
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 9 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate.. finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 tsp. table Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Peanuts, for coating
- Place Sugar in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring just until Sugar has melted.
- Continue cooking, swirling the pan often, until Sugar is dark golden Caramel.
- Remove pan from heat and carefully pour in Cream. Return pan to heat and simmer, stirring until the Caramel has dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and while hot… stir in Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Salt and Vanilla.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes or until Chocolate and Peanut Butter have dissolved.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature. Cover bowl with plastic wrap…chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Use a small spoon to scoop out the truffles and form into 1-inch balls.
- Roll Truffles in chopped Peanuts… transfer to a tray covered with Waxed or Parchment Paper.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Thanks to Sara Moulton and Food Network