Chocolate Bread Pudding
Wednesday , 5, February 2014
Bread pudding was my Grandma’s favorite dessert. It was probably the first dessert I learned to make 🙂
This Chocolate Bread Pudding is mouthwatering…and made in your Crock Pot!
A hint of Cinnamon and Whipped Cream…Delicious!!
3 cups Milk
- 5 cups Cinnamon Swirl Bread..without raisins…cubed
- 3 Eggs…slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Semi sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup sweetened Cocoa Powder
- Whipped Cream…for serving
- Heat oven to 300 degrees
- Spread cubed Bread on a baking sheet
- Bake in oven for 10-15 mins to dry out Bread…stir twice during baking time…cool
- If your Crock Pot isn’t non stick…spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat Milk in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until hot but NOT boiling..remove pan from heat.
- Add Chocolate Chips and Cocoa Powder..stir slightly just to mix in powder.
- Let stand 5 -10 minutes…allowing Chocolate to melt.
- Whisk until mixture is smooth..cool slightly…10 mins.
- In a large bowl..whisk Eggs and Chocolate mixture together.
- Gently fold in Bread cubes.
- Pour Bread mixture into Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW only for 2-2 1/2 hours. Knife should come out clean from center.
- Turn off heat…remove insert from Crock pot.
- Uncover and allow to cool for 30 mins to set before serving.
- Serve with Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of Cocoa Powder or Chocolate Chips
Delicious recipe courtesy of BHG