Chicken Pot Pie is classic winter comfort food.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Place 1 Pie Crust into a 9 inch glass Pie Dish.
- Par bake Pie Crust about 6-7 mins so bottom doesn’t get soggy when filled 😉
- In a medium sauce pan…melt Butter over medium heat.
- Add Onion & Celery to pan…cook about 2-3 mins until tender..not browned.
- Stir in Flour..Salt & Pepper..stir until combined
- Slowly stir in Broth..Milk..
- Continue stirring until bubbling and beginning to thicken.
- Stir in Chicken and Mixed Vegetables.
- Remove pan from heat…spoon mixture into Crust.
- Add 2nd Crust over top of pie dish.
- Seal edges….cut away excess dough….flute…cut a few small slits in top of crust to release steam.
- Bake 30-40 mins…until crust is golden brown. Cool 5-10 mins before serving.
- *** If crust edge becomes too brown halfway thru..cover edges with foil to prevent burnt crust ***
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury