Caramelized Onion, Gruyère, and Bacon Spread
Friday , 1, November 2013
- 2 oz. Gruyère, Swiss or Fontina Cheese… shredded and divided
- 3 1/2 cups chopped Onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh Chives… divided
- 1/3 cup Canola Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp. each Salt & Black Pepper
- Cooking Spray or Olive Oil
- 3 Bacon slices, cooked & crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan lightly with Cooking Spray or Olive Oil
- Sauté Onion for about 5 minutes stirring continually
- Reduce heat to low & cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Keep 2 tablespoons of Cheese to the side to use later.
- Combine remaining Cheese, caramelized Onion, 1 tablespoon Chives with remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture to a 1-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated lightly with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle top with the 2 tablespoons of Cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until Browned and Bubbly
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp of Chives.
- Serve Warm & Enjoy!!
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light