Tuesday , 17, December 2013
I love Cannoli…but I don’t have a lot of luck making Cannoli shells. 🙁
When I came across this recipe…I gave it a try..and YUM..they are amazing 🙂
To make Cups:
- 1- pkge. refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 3 tbsp. coarse Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
To make Filling:
- 12 oz. whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ Sugar.. plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini semi sweet Chocolate Chips
- Combine all ingredients for filling except the chocolate chips and mix well with electric mixer until creamy.
- Chill covered in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Unroll piecrusts onto a lightly floured surface.. sprinkle each crust with coarse Sugar and Cinnamon.
- Press Sugar/Cinnamon into crusts.
- Using a round cookie cutter,..cut out circles and lightly press them inside an ungreased mini muffin or mini cupcake pan to create cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow cups to cool completely before removing from pan.
- Remove filling from refrigerator.. put into pastry bag or plastic bag..cut 1 corner off bag.
- Squeeze a little less than a tablespoon of filling into cooled cannoli cups.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips… dust with powdered sugar…Enjoy!! 🙂
- The longer you store…the better chance the shells will get soggy ;(
- Store in refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury