Brussels Sprouts and Steak Stir-Fry
Thursday , 23, January 2014
Brussels Sprouts are the vegetable of the moment. 🙂
No longer are they the “icky”..steamed…soggy mess we all grew up eating.
This scrumptious Steak Stir Fry is ready in a flash..
3 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
- 3 tbsp. low sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. unseasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 tbsp. Vegetable Oil…divided
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts…halved
- 8 oz. Flank Steak…thinly sliced against the grain 😉
- 4 Scallions…white chopped…green sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic…sliced
- 2 tbsp. Ginger…chopped
- 2 medium Carrots…thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 Jalapeno.or Red Pepper..sliced into rings
- Kosher Salt
- Whisk Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce, Vinegar, 1/4 cup Water in a small bowl.. set sauce aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add Brussels Sprouts.. cook tossing occasionally.. until golden brown.. about 4 minutes.
- Cover and cook until crisp-tender.. about another 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate & wipe out skillet.
- Season sliced Flank Steak with Salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp. Oil in same skillet over high heat until just beginning to smoke.
- Add Steak to skillet in a single layer…not overlapping.. cook until browned.. about 3 minutes.
- Turn Steak.. cook until nearly cooked through.. about 30 seconds.
- Add Steak to plate with Brussels Sprouts.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp. Oil in same skillet.
- Add Scallion Whites, Garlic, Ginger… stir until fragrant.. about 1 minute..lower heat if necessary
- Add Carrots.. Chile and cook, tossing occasionally.. until carrots are slightly softened.. about 2 minutes.
- Add Brussels Sprouts and Steak back into skillet.. add reserved sauce.
- Cook.. tossing occasionally.. until sauce is thickened.. about 3 minutes
- Serve with steamed Rice and garnish with Scallion Greens.
Delicious recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit