Sunday , 29, December 2013
Bruschetta is a fabulous bite of deliciousness! 🙂
Add fresh Mozzarella and watch it disappear! So easy to make & oh so delicious!!
- 1 (12 to 16-inch) Sourdough Baguette or Italian Bread
- 2 cloves Garlic… halved plus 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 5 tbsp. extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano…plus more for garnish
- Fresh Mozzarella…sliced…optional
- 2 cups Roma Tomatoes….diced
- 1 small Red Onion…diced
- 1/3 cup fresh Basil Leaves…thinly sliced… plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut Baguette in half lengthwise.. place on a sheet tray and bake until lightly brown.
- Rub Baguette with the garlic clove halves.
- Drizzle with 2 ozs. of Olive Oil.. sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano. Return to oven to melt cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl.. add Tomatoes, minced Garlic, Basil, Onion, Vinegar, remaining Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Mix thoroughly… let sit for 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove Baguette from oven and top with Tomato mixture..and Mozzarella if you choose to use it 😉
- Garnish with Basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano…slice and ENJOY!!!
Recipe adapted courtesy of Guy Fieri and Food Network