Brownie Hearts and Bites
Friday , 7, February 2014
After you cut out the Brownie Hearts… roll leftover brownie pieces into bite-size morsels.
Roll in Cocoa or Sugar…and you’ll have a little bite of deliciousness that resemble truffles! 🙂
Recipe makes about 12 Brownie Hearts and 44 bites.
2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 2 1/2 cups packed Light Brown Sugar
- 6 oz. Unsweetened Chocolate
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Confectioners’ Sugar, Cocoa, or crushed Toffee bits… for rolling Bites in
- Heat oven to 325 Degrees
- Grease a 9 x 13 glass baking dish
- In a large microwave safe bowl.. combine Butter, Brown Sugar, Chocolate. Microwave on high for 1 minute.. stir.
- Continue to microwave at 10-second intervals until Chocolate is softened and almost melted.
- Beat Eggs and Vanilla into melted Chocolate with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in Flour and Salt.
- Pour batter into baking dish…smooth the top.
- Bake 35- 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.. let cool on rack
- Flip Brownies over onto a work surface.
- Cut out Brownies with a 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Form leftover Brownie pieces into 1-inch balls… roll them in the coating of your choice.
Recipe courtesy of Marta Stewart