Why order a Pizza when you can make this amazing Pizza at home?!
Bold flavors of garlic…crushed red pepper… lemon make this a family favorite 😉
We’ve also used cooked sliced Italian Sausage in place of the Chicken…YUM!!
- 1 store bought Pizza Dough…reg or whole wheat
- 12 oz. boneless.. skinless Chicken Breast.. trimmed
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin Olive Oil.. divided
- 1/4 cup Garlic…thinly sliced
- 6 cups chopped Broccoli Rabe or 4 cups chopped Broccolini or Broccoli
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper… plus more to taste 😉
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Ricotta
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray…or heat Pizza Stone
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of baking sheet or pizza stone.. transfer dough
- Bake until crust is puffed and bottom is crisped…about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cut Chicken in half lengthwise and then crosswise into thin strips.
- Heat 3 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Garlic.. cook.. stirring.. until just starting to brown
- Add Chicken.. Broccoli Rabe (or broccolini or broccoli).. Lemon zest.. crushed Red Pepper.. Salt
- Cook.. stirring.. until Chicken is just cooked through..about 4 – 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- When crust is done.. remove from oven.. flip over.. brush with remaining 1 tbsp. Oil.
- Combine Ricotta and Lemon juice in a small bowl….spread over pizza crust.
- Using a slotted spoon (to help drain any excess liquid).. spread Chicken mixture evenly over crust.
- Return Pizza to the oven… bake until crust is crispy on the bottom about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!!!
** If you choose to use Sausage…cook Broccoli Rabe….place on top of Ricotta layer….place sliced cooked Sausage atop Broccoli Rabe 🙂 **
Recipe adapted from Eating Well