Broccoli Rabe, Potato and Rosemary Pizza
Thursday , 23, January 2014
My two favorites…Pizza & Potatoes 🙂
- Heat oven to 375 F
- Toss Potatoes with 1 tbsp. Olive Oil and 1 tsp. Salt in a large bowl.
- Arrange Potatoes in one single layer on a baking tray. Bake until edges begin to turn golden brown.. 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven .. cool.
- Increase oven temp to 475 F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add Broccoli Rabe and blanch 30 seconds.. drain.
- Plunge Broccoli Rabe into a bowl of ice water. Cool and drain again.
- Lay in a single layer on a kitchen towel to thoroughly dry. Cut in 2″ pieces.
- Heat one tbsp. Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat. Add Garlic and red pepper flakes to skillet.
- Sauté briefly, 30 seconds. Add Broccoli Rabe and 1/2 tsp. salt to skillet. Sauté one minute and remove from heat.
- Lightly flour a work surface.. stretch pizza dough out to 10″ rectangles or rounds
- To assemble pizzas: Lightly brush Pizza Crusts with Olive Oil.
- Rub Crust all over with smashed Garlic cloves.
- Arrange one layer Mozzarella Cheese over crusts.
- Top with one layer of Potatoes and Broccoli Rabe.
- Sprinkle one tbsp. Rosemary over each crust. Top with grated Pecorino Cheese.
- Bake on pizza stone or on tray on lowest rack in oven until crust is golden brown & cheese is bubbly. about 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper before serving.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary leaves and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
Delicious recipe courtesy of Food 52