Broccoli Rabe Pizza Bread
Saturday , 11, January 2014
Layer seasoned Broccoli Rabe and cheese over a loaf of Ciabatta Bread and bake for a mouth watering pizza. 🙂
These little bites of delicious are perfect for a weekend get together!
Salt & Pepper
- 1 large bunch Broccoli Rabe… chopped into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. extra virgin Olive Oil… divided
- 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic…chopped
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- About 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- About 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 3 tbsp. fresh Thyme… finely chopped
- 1 loaf Ciabatta or Italian Bread (12-14 inches)… cut in half lengthwise
- 2-2 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella or mild Provolone cheese
- Heat oven to 400° degrees
- Bring large pot of water to a Boil..add Salt.. add Broccoli Rabe… cook about 8 minutes.. drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup Olive Oil over medium heat. Add Red Pepper Flakes..Garlic.. stir for 1-2 minutes
- Add drained Broccoli Rabe.. toss for 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine Ricotta, Pecorino, Parmigiano, Thyme… remaining 2 tbsp. Olive Oil… season with Salt & Pepper.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and slather both halves evenly with Ricotta mixture.
- Top with Broccoli Rabe…then Mozzarella (or provolone).
- Bake about 10 minutes until melted and bubbly 🙂
- Cut into large pieces to serve.
Scrumptious recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray