Bourbon Glazed Brown Sugar Pecan Poundcake
Thursday , 30, January 2014
Pound Cake taken to a whole new level of delicious!!!
Ingredients for Glaze:
- 1/3 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rack in center of oven.
- Butter a 12-cup Bundt pan..sprinkle it with Breadcrumbs.. shake out excess.
- In a medium bowl..sift together Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda. Add Salt.. mix with spatula.
- Using a stand mixer.. beat Butter on medium speed.. gradually adding Brown Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs one at a time… mixing just enough to blend… scrape the bowl once or twice to mix thoroughly.
- Add in Vanilla.. mix until just combined.
- In a measuring cup.. combine Buttermilk with Bourbon.
- With the mixer running on low.. alternate adding Flour mixture and Buttermilk mixture in five additions, begin and end with dry ingredients..occasionally scrape bowl to completely mix ingredients.
- Continue to mix until just combined.
- Add Pecans.. mix until they are just blended into batter.
- Pour Batter into Bundt pan… smooth top with spatula.
- Bake 60-70 minutes.. until golden brown and cake tester comes out clean from center
- Transfer to a rack… cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Prepare Glaze: Combine Sugar and Bourbon in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer and sugar dissolves..about 3- 5 minutes.
- Turn cake out of pan onto a cooling rack.
- Using a pastry brush.. brush Warm Glaze over entire surface of Warm Cake.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Fine Cooking