Benefits of Cinnamon
Wednesday , 1, January 2014
I love the aroma of cinnamon 🙂
Cinnamon has been used since ancient times to help with digestion and a teaspoon has more antioxidants than half a cup of blueberries.
The sweet and warm taste of cinnamon is a perfect spice to use during the winter months.
I found a great article showing the health benefits of using Cinnamon…here’s some of it 😉
Blood Sugar Control:
Cinnamon’s Scent Boosts Brain Function:
- Just smelling the wonderful fragrance of this sweet spice boosts brain activity!
A Traditional Remedy:
- Cinnamon has been used to provide relief with the onset of a cold or flu.. especially when mixed in tea with some fresh ginger.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas:
- Cinnamon Toast…Sprinkle toast with Cinnamon and Honey.
- Simmer Cinnamon Sticks with Milk and Honey for a deliciously warming beverage.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon over ground coffee before brewing.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon on apple slices… the spice prevents fruit from turning brown.
Read the full article at whfoods.com or click the link below