Who doesn’t love yummy Breakfasts?!
This one is perfect for this busy holiday week 😉
Assemble it the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning!!
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 3 Fresh Pears or canned Pears..sliced…drain canned Pears
- 4 cups French Bread or Challah.. cut into cubes..without the crust 😉
- 1/2 cup Pecans… chopped
- 9 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk or Cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Maple Syrup , Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 glass Pan.
- Melt Brown Sugar & Butter in saucepan.. medium heat.
- Add Water .. continue cooking until bubbly.
- Remove from heat… pour into pan… spread evenly.
- Slice Pears..arrange in an even layer on top of Brown Sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle Bread pieces on top of the Pears..sprinkle chopped nuts evenly over Bread.
- Beat Eggs, Milk, Vanilla until Foamy.
- Pour evenly over Bread mixture. Press slightly so Bread absorbs Egg mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until top puffs up and Eggs are firm.. no longer watery.
- Serve with warm Maple Syrup and a sprinkle of Powdered Sugar.
Recipe adapted from Taste Book