This scrumptious French Toast is assembled the night before for an easy breakfast the next day 🙂
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 8 large Eggs
- 2 cups Half & Half
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp. granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- Dash Salt
- Praline Topping…recipe below
- Maple Syrup
- Slice French bread into 20 1- inch slices
- Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 x 13 baking dish in 2 rows… overlapping the slices.
- In a large bowl, combine Eggs, Half & Half, Milk, Sugar, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Salt.
- Beat with mixer or whisk until blended but not too bubbly.
- Pour mixture over bread slices.. making sure the bread is covered evenly.
- Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning spread Praline topping evenly over bread and bake @ 350 degrees for 40 minutes
- Serve with warm Maple Syrup!!
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) Butter
- 1 cup packed light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Pecans….chopped
- 2 tbsp. light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well.
Yummy recipe courtesy of Paula Deen and Food Network