Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Manchego
Sunday , 10, November 2013
With the Holidays right around the corner…you may be looking for a spectacular appetizer..
Well..here you go!! These Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates are amazing and always a hit!!!
15 Medjool Pitted Dates
- 1 pound Manchego Cheese.. cut into 15 blocks.. Asiago works just as well 😉
- 5 slices Bacon.. cut into thirds for wrapping Dates
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
- Make an incision on one side of each date and insert Cheese
- Squeeze the Date shut and wrap with a Bacon strip. Insert toothpick to secure.
- Place the Dates on a sheet tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Roast Dates in the oven until Bacon on top is starting to crisp… 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn Dates over and cook the other side until the bacon crisps…. about another 5 mins.
- Remove Dates from the oven and brush both sides with Maple Syrup
- Put Dates back into the oven until they are really crackly and sticky.. 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve Hot & Enjoy!!
Thank to Anne Burrell & The Food Network for this yummy recipe!!