Vegetable Soups are the perfect canvas for what’s in season.
At this time of the year, it’s a variety of gorgeous Fall vegetables.
Onions, Carrots, Butternut Squash & Kale ( Spinach if you prefer 😉 ) provide a hearty, satisfying dish.
- 3 medium carrots, cut into medium dice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into medium dice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups 1/2-inch-cubed peeled butternut squash (about half a 2-lb. squash)
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- Pinch cayenne pepper; more to taste
- Kosher salt
- 1 quart lower-salt chicken broth
- 1 14.5-oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups lightly packed, coarsely chopped kale
- 1 cup lower-salt canned chickpeas
Follow the link below for the delicious recipe