Maple glazed Apples on top of warm, delicious French Toast….A little bite of heaven …yummy 🙂
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- 6 slices Bread
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 3 Apples…. peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 6 Eggs
- Whisk Eggs.. Milk..Vanilla and a pinch of Cinnamon….Pour into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Add Bread in a single layer.. turning until all Egg mixture is absorbed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.. melt 1 tbsp. Butter.. add Apples..stirring until starting to caramelize.
- Add Water.. cooking until water has evaporated and apples are tender.. about 4 minutes.
- Pour in Maple Syrup and a dash of Cinnamon… simmer for a minute to combine.
- Melt about 1 tbsp. Butter in a separate pan… sauté the soaked Bread until golden brown
- Place French toast on a plate and top with Apple Maple mixture… Enjoy!!!
Thank you to Martha Stewart for this delicious recipe 🙂