Apple Chips with Sweet Yogurt Dip
Tuesday , 12, November 2013
These Apple Chips are surprisingly addictive and so easy to make!
Give them a try…your kids will love them too! 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- pinch of Salt
For Apple Chips:
- Place 1 rack at the top and 1 at the bottom position and preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 large heavy baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly coat the parchment with nonstick spray.
- Stand each apple upright. Cut 1/4 inch vertically off the right and left sides of each apple. Set the mandolin or v-slicer for cutting 1/16-inch-thick slices. Place 1 apple, cut-side down, on the slicer.
- Cut slices until the apple core is exposed. Turn the apple over and cut slices off the remaining side until the core is exposed. Arrange the apple slices in a single layer on one of the baking sheets.
- Repeat with 2nd Apple ….
- In a small bowl, stir the Sugar, Cinnamon and Salt until blended.
- Sprinkle the Apple slices generously with the Cinnamon / Sugar topping.
- Bake until the edges curl and the chips are golden and feel crisp, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool completely, 20 to 30 minutes …the chips will crisp more as they cool.
For Yogurt Dip:
- In a medium bowl, stir the Yogurt, Maple Syrup, Vanilla and Salt until blended
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada & The Food Network 🙂